05 Sep Transform 2014: Streaming the Experience
The Mayo Clinic Transform symposium is a multidisciplinary conference for thought-provoking, inspiring ideas hosted by the Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation and takes place Sept. 7–9. View the entire schedule of renowned speakers on the Transform website.
If you can’t be there in person, you can watch the Transform live webcast via an external link. You're encouraged to participate digitally and virtually, in the many TweetChats. Feel free to share with your peers outside of Mayo Clinic. See webcast schedule for these digital times that have been built into the webcast — when normally the stage is “dark” during several networking times.
This year, Transform has attendees from more than 14 countries and 30 states. For the first time ever, Mayo Clinic patients can watch and participate in Transform by tuning into patient channel 10. Watch this video of TXFM 2013 to hear participants try to sum up Transform in one word.
Once again, Journalist and commentator John Hockenberry will moderate the symposium discussions that include the following speakers:
- Elisabeth Rosenthal, M.D., The New York Times, whose influential series Paying Till it Hurts examines the price of health care through the lens of patients, physicians and economists.
- Mark Bertolini, CEO and president of Aetna Inc., will share powerful personal stories that have inspired him to set a new vision and create emerging, new insurance models.
- David L. Katz, M.D., Yale Prevention Research Center, will discuss chronic disease prevention and health promotion, while busting the myth about healthy food being less affordable than fast food.
- Lauren Taylor, co-author of The American Health Care Paradox, will share how a better coordination of social services, education, housing, job policy, nutrition and environmental protection improve health of individuals and communities.
- Shirley Franklin, former mayor of Atlanta, will share her experiences addressing policy challenges, urban planning, economic development and infrastructure changes that contributed to the city’s unprecedented growth while she was mayor.
- Amit Sood, M.D., General Internal Medicine, will share innovative approaches toward stress management and resiliency that incorporate neuroscience, psychology, philosophy and spirituality.
To keep in touch with the growing transform community, join TransForum, the Center for Innovation’s online community with over 1,000 members working to transform the experience and delivery of health and health care. This online social media platform allows people to connect, create discussion groups throughout the year. The Center for Innovation is planning to bring presentations and discussion to TransForum throughout the year to keep the conversations going.