Healthcare Journey Prototyping - Mayo Center for Innovation

Pivot Prototypes: Mapping Your Healthcare Journey

Post Written By Pivot Design

Pivot Prototypes is a video series that explores the “what if’s” of our world.

The seed of each idea comes from a conversation that starts with “What if…” and ends with “Wouldn’t it be great if…” We can prototype for organizational teams, project managers, start-ups and more. Prototyping helps bring focus to the key user interactions of a product or service. Without coming to a final design solution, it’s a way to get an idea off the ground and get feedback — all you need is the seed of an idea and we can help with the rest.

Unhampered by technological barriers and business constraints we can bring the “what if’s” to life to see if an idea has traction — to see if the idea is focused enough to have real world applications. If it gets people excited and if others can see it working for them then we know we’re on to something viable.

This Pivot Prototype delves into the world of healthcare.

Meet Sally…

Screen-Shot-2015-04-24-at-10.34.06-AM

What if…

What if I had a way to keep track of my health records with my physicians?

We began the process by brainstorming a list of the pain points that arise when managing sessions with your various healthcare professionals. Here are some of the top concerns that came up:

• I don’t know when my last annual physical was
  • I have no idea if I need to be screened for certain cancers (should I be concerned about this?)
  • My doctor doesn’t have a whole lot of time so I feel like I’d be wasting their time if I call them with questions

From this we formed a solution…

whiteboard1-edit

Screen-Shot-2015-04-24-at-10.34.46-AM
Early sketch of the personalized healthcare timeline and screenshot of the health timeline solution as a video prototype.

Wouldn’t it be great if…

Wouldn’t it be great if a health timeline app could map out my past, present, and future health appointments to keep me and my healthcare team informed of what’s up?

• I’d be able to keep up to date on my latest check-ups and vaccinations
  • I’d be able to input my information so the app could tell me when I’m due for screenings (based on provincial guidelines)
  • I’d be able to schedule appointments directly through the app
  • My doctor(s) can update the app directly with any information so that are both always on the same page

Through a series of rapid brainstorming sessions, we refined the concept and finally formulated a script, storyboards, and visuals for the video motion piece.

Watch the video prototype

Watch “Mapping Your Healthcare Timeline” then tell us what you think in the comments.

Resources

For more information and other helpful links on this topic have a look at these:

Got an idea worth prototyping?

We’d love to help with your story. Reach out and tell us: hello@pivotdesigngroup.com

No Comments