29 Apr Ethics in Innovation Twitter Chat on 5/5/2014
We are pleased to have been asked to co-host the BioethxChat next Monday, on May 5 at 8:30 pm (EST), to discuss the Ethics of Innovation. The BioethxChat is run by @jchevinsky, to reach an interdisciplinary group of students, professionals, and members of the general public. Live chats are hosted every Monday at 8:30 pm (EST).
If this is your first Twitter Chat, we recommend using TweetChat to participate and follow along with the conversation. Below you'll find our questions for the chat, and topics covered.
- How would you define innovation as it relates to health care?
- How can innovation shape health care?
- What are potential ethical risks that come with new innovation?
- How is innovation different from quality improvement?
- How do you keep “ethics” in the innovation process?
Watch the video below of Maggie Breslin, a designer in the Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation, addressing Transform 2009 on the essential character of satisfying conversations between patients and providers.