The power of a conversation

This morning I had the opportunity to hear one of our Transform presenters give us a preview of her talk. It absolutely blew me away! She spoke about the power of a conversation -- how conversations should be a valued part of the patient experience, and how people seek out conversation, even when we make it difficult for them to do so.

What is the value of a satisfying conversation in health care? How can we talk to each other in more satisfying ways? The whole Transform Symposium is based on the power of conversations… as innovators, we know how motivating it is to talk and share ideas – to toss around “what ifs’” and “why nots” – and then figure out how to make them happen.

The Center for Innovation has created an amazing opportunity with Transform. As of today, we have 353 registrants from 23 states and 7 countries, just itching to have meaningful conversations with people who share a common goal – to transform the way health care is experienced and delivered.

After this morning, I am more convinced than ever, that this will truly be an event I will never forget.